VISITING & BOOKING INFORMATION
Here you will find useful information about booking with the Australia & New Zealand Festival, how to get in touch with us and practical information for visiting the Festival events. Across the Festival there are 70 events to choose from across seven venues. The information in this section will help ensure you can make the most of your time with the Festival from now until your events.
This page includes information on
- FESTIVAL DATES
- BOX OFFICE OPENING TIMES
- MEMBER DISCOUNTS
- BOOKING TICKETS
- ALL DAY & WEEKEND TICKETS
- FEES & DISCOUNTS & REFUNDS
- DONATIONS & GIFT AID
- COLLECTING YOUR TICKETS
Core Events in London: from Sunday 17th of May at various venues and run through until Sunday 31st of May. As well as the Main Festival at King’s College London, we have a range of other events
happening at the following venues: British Museum; Picturehouse Hackney; Royal
Observatory Greenwich; Rebecca Hossack Gallery; Bloomsbury Theatre; Hoxton Square
Bar & Kitchen; Otherplace at The Basement, Brighton.
In Brighton: the Festival is presenting two shows of Demolition of the Century. More information and tickets are available here.
Main Festival Weekend: Hosted at King’s College London (on the Strand) from Thursday 28th May (opening night) until Sunday 31st of May. Most of the Festival activities will take place here (more than 60). Information about the venue can be found here.
BOX OFFICE OPENING TIMES
The box office number is 020 7692 8780 – calls are charged at normal landline rates. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 8am – 7pm, and on the weekends from 9am – 6pm. On weekends you may be asked to leave a message before someone from the team can get back to you. The response time is usually fast so we appreciate your patience if this happens.
TO RECEIVE DISCOUNT AS A MEMBER
Members receive 20% discount on tickets, and special offers on Day and Weekend passes.
If you haven’t yet registered to become a Festival Member, you can phone our box office team on 020 7692 8780 to join up, and then purchase your discounted tickets.
To do this online
- First visit the membership page where you can purchase at whichever level you choose. It will be valid until 1 March 2016. Advance through the screens that capture your name and contact details, and your preferred method of payment. You will then see all the usual order summaries before you confirm the order.
- You will then be emailed your membership and, most importantly, the link and password you need to log in as a Member apply your 20% discount.
- You can now start browsing – a list of all of our events are here, or if you want a whistle-stop tour of what’s on offer you might want to start here. Once you’ve selected your shows membership discount will be automatically applied at the final stage of the checkout process.
There are a number of ways to browse and select events in our programme.
- You can view all of the event listings here
- You can use the Festival’s filtering bar and the tabs attached to each event to filter the programme by “event type” (ie discussions, performances, films), or by “event theme”
- Events you are interested in – click “READ MORE” and go to the bottom of the page and select “BOOK NOW”. There you can choose the quantity of the tickets you need and select “ADD TO ORDER”.
- If you want to book other events, follow the link where it says “To continue browsing shows click here
- Once you have added all the events you’d like to book, go to the left of the bookings page in “MY ORDER”. When you are sure of your choices press “CONTINUE”.
- After payment, you will receive a confirmation email with details of your transaction. Please print and bring this with you on the day of the event to collect tickets at the venue’s box office. If you don’t receive an email, please get in touch at email@example.com
You will need to create an account to purchase your tickets:
- If you have already created an account you will be asked to enter your email and password and will be directed to the payment page. If you’ve forgotten your password you can recover it here at any time
- To create an account, go to the bottom of the page and press “Create an account”. Once you have created your account you will be redirected to the payment page.
ALL DAY & WEEKEND TICKETS
ALL DAY PASS – SATURDAY or SUNDAY (£35 per day)
ALL WEEKEND PASS – Just £60 for the whole weekend!
If you fancy settling in for a few events then look no further than a Day Pass for either the Saturday or Sunday of the main weekend (30th or 31st of May), or don’t go anywhere and stay throughout with our brilliantly priced Weekend Pass deal.
These passes enable you to pre-book any event at the Festival (excluding workshops) in advance. However they also enable you access to choose any events on the day of the pass as you please, subject to availability.
To purchase a pass, call the Box Office on 020 7692 8780 and let them know which events you fancy.
If you have any queries get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FEES, DISCOUNTS & REFUNDS
We are trying to keep our Booking Fee as low as possible at £1.95 per transaction/order rather than per ticket, so we recommend putting your tickets through in batches to save money.
Our fee covers the cost of processing your transaction, debit and credit card fees, staffing, as well as developing and maintaining our booking software.
DONATIONS & GIFT AID
The Australia & New Zealand Festival is a charity. Donations are crucial to our work, helping us to support and develop talent and organisations featured in the Festival, and to deliver our work in schools.
Ways to Donate
There are many ways you can support us:
- You can add a donation to your ticket order
- You can sign up to be a member (and enjoy some of the benefits!)
- During the festival you can contribute to the donation tubs found in various locations on site
Your donation, no matter what size, will make a difference and is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Gift Aid is an HMRC scheme that increases the value of donations from UK taxpayers by 25%, at no extra cost to the donor. For example Gift Aid increases a £10.00 donation to £12.50, providing extra support for our work. To make your support go further with Gift Aid, please talk to our Box Office team when you book or register on-line through your account page.
ANZ Festival is a registered charity in England and Wales, number 1156484.
COLLECTING YOUR TICKETS
After payment, you will receive a confirmation email with details of your transaction. Please print and bring this with you (along with suitable identity, eg driver’s license or bank card) on the day of the event to collect tickets at the venue’s box office. If you don’t receive an email, please get in touch at email@example.com
Always allow plenty of time before your event, we recommend at least 30 minutes.
Our Hotel Parter, Grange Hotels, are offering festivalgoers 15% off best available rates* during the week of the festival at their flagship hotel, Grange St Paul’s. To book simply quote ‘Australia’ and enjoy a touch of luxury amongst the literary! Reservations via 020 72337888 or book online. Grange Holborn’s Koto restaurant have an ANZ Festival dinner deal, no booking required.
*Rates include English breakfast, flexible cancellation terms, health club and spa facilities. Subject to availability.
No items found